Welcome to the EnviroInfo 2013 Conference in Hamburg!
Title: Environmental Informatics and Industrial Environmental Protection: Concepts, Methods and Tools
Date: September 2nd - 4th 2013
The EnviroInfo 2013 is the 27th edition of the long-year established international and interdisciplinary conference series on leading environmental IC Technologies to make the world a better place for living. It has for a long time been shaping the Applied Informatics field of Environmental Informatics on a national as well as international scale.
EnviroInfo aims at reporting about state-of-the-art applications of ICT as well as newest developing trends in the field of Environmental Informatics. Under the patronage of the University of Hamburg the conference will discuss ICT applications for renewable Energies (with focus on wind energy) as the main conference theme as well as the whole range of cross-cutting topics in Environmental Informatics.
Due to the interdisciplinary character of Environmental Informatics one important goal of this conference is to bring experts from industry, research and education together to exchange ideas and proposals for a solution of urgent problems and needs in the fields of environmental protection, sustainable development as well as risk management and its ICT-assistance.
General Conference Scope: Informatics and Environmental Protection, Sustainable Development and Risk Management
- Environmental Information Systems
- Environmental Management Information Systems (EMIS)
- Environmental Information Systems on EU-level (INSPIRE, SEIS etc.)
- Open Government / Linked Open Data / eGovernment
- Community Environmental Information Systems
- Environmental Communication and Community Systems
- Environmental Applications of Geographical Information Systems
- Environmental Software Tools and Databases
- Web-based Environmental Information Systems
- Environmental Information and the Web 2.0
- Tools for Modelling and Simulation of Environmental Systems
- Using simulation tools for Industrial Environmental Protection
- Material Flow Management and LCAs
- Environmental Accounting and Sustainability Reporting
- Carbon Footprinting for Processes and Products
- Integration of Information for Health and Environmental Protection
- Environmental Risk-Assessment
- Green IT and Green Software
- Interface Issues between EMIS and other MIS/ERP-Systems
- Energy and Resource Efficiency
- High Performance Computing for Climate Modeling
- Green IT in High Performance Computing
- Mobile Computing in Environmental Management Information Systems
- Open Source in the field of Environmental Informatics
- Educational programs in Environmental Informatics
Special Conference Theme: ICT and Renewable Energies (Focus: Wind Energy)
Software Tools in the renewable Energy Domain – State of the Art
Concepts and Software for Wind Energy Supply
Concepts and Software for Solar Energy and other renewable Energies
Requirements on Software Support
Work flows and Processes in the Energy Production
Energy Efficiency and Informatics
Industrial Seminar and Exhibition
- Special EU-Session organized by the project consortium EnerGEO / ENDORSE: "Web services for assessment of Resources and Impacts of Renewable Energies"
(Assessment of resources, impacts and Life Cycle, Decision Making Systems - I. Blanc, MINES Paris TECH)
- "ICT for Energy Efficiency"
(Smart Grids, IT4green / Green IT - J. Gomez, M. Sonnenschein, University of Oldenburg; L. Hilty, University of Zurich)
- "Open Government Data / Linked Open Data / eGovernment"
(R. Legat, Umweltbundesamt Vienna; W. Pillmann, ISEP Vienna)
- "ICT-supported Corporate Communications"
(H. Arndt, University of Magdeburg; J. Gomez, University of Oldenburg; R. Isenmann, University of Kassel)
- "Software Tools and IT Applications in the Renewable Energy Domain"
(B. Page et. al., University of Hamburg)
- "ICT for LCA and Energy Systems Analysis"
(W. Geiger, C. Düpmeier, KIT Karlsruhe)
- "Environmental Management Information Systems"
(V. Wohlgemuth, HTW Berlin; J. Gomez, University of Oldenburg
- "Sustainable Simulation of Manufacturing Systems"
(V. Wohlgemuth, HTW Berlin)
- "Skalierbare Softwarelösungen zur Unterstützung von Ressourceneffizienzfragestellungen in KMU: Konzepte, Anwendungen, Entwicklung"
(in German - V. Wohlgemuth, HTW Berlin)
- "Modeling the effects of climate change on ecological Systems"
(A. Fleischer, University of Hamburg)
- Students Workshop; see http://www.enviroinfo2013.org/student_workshop for more details
- Dr. Janez Potocnik, European Commissioner for the Environment, Brussels, Belgium: Welcome Address
- Dr. Carl-Christian Buhr, EU Cabinet Member of Vice President for the Digital Agenda: Opening Session
- Prof. Dr. Oliver Günther, GI-President and President of Potsdam University
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Ludwig, Director of German Climate Computing Center Hamburg (DKRZ): "Green Supercomputing - On the Energy Consumption of Modern E-Sciences"
- Prof. Dr. L. M. Hilty, University of Zurich: "Informatics, Energy, and Sustainable Development"
- Prof. Dr. Michael Sonnenschein, Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg: "Smart Grids for optimal Utilization of regenerative Energy Supply Systems"
- Prof. Dr. Horst Oberquelle, University of Hamburg: "Pioneers of Computer Art"
- Michael Böttinger, German Climate Computing Center Hamburg (DKRZ): "Picturing Climate Change - Visualization in Earth System Modeling"
- Prof. Dr. Olav Hohmeyer, University of Flensburg: "Energy and Resource Efficiency"
The conference language is English.